At Gray-Bowen-Scott our staff is our most valuable asset. Our work environment encourages creativity, promotes continual professional and personal growth, and fosters passion for solving transportation-related challenges. We value the unique backgrounds and experiences everyone brings, and want all who join us to realize their full potential. We are looking for dedicated individuals committed to improving the communities we live and work in.
"We are not a team because we work together. We are a team because we respect, trust, and care for each other."
– Vala Afshar, Chief Digital Evangelist, Salesforce
What We Offer
Current Job Opportunities
Gray-Bowen-Scott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Gray-Bowen-Scott participates in E-Verify.
The Project Administrator will serve as the Executive Assistant and Agency Administrator responsible for providing support to the Executive Director and the Operations Director who are managing Transportation Management Associations (TMAs). Gray-Bowen-Scott is contracted to manage two TMAs which are non-profit organizations formed for the purpose of reducing traffic congestion in specific communities. Currently, we manage TMAs in Emeryville and Mountain View, with the majority of the work done in our Walnut Creek office.
This is a full-time position. Pay rate: $30-$35/hour depending upon qualifications. Listed below are the primary responsibilities for this role. As shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted, this work will be performed in our Walnut Creek office.
Board of Directors
- Support Executive Director (ED) with the preparation of Board Packet materials, including:
- Preparation of draft meeting minutes for ED review.
- Format and finalize agenda packet for ED review.
- Distribution of agenda packet.
- Regular attendance at the Board of Directors Meetings.
- Maintain the Organizations contact and distribution lists.
- Maintain vendor and consultant invoice tracking log.
- Ensure invoice review and approvals are conducted in accordance with the organizations’ administrative policies.
- Monitor accounts receivable and accounts payable activities to ensure payments are issued and received in accordance with the terms of each respective agreement/contract.
- Maintain accounts receivable log.
- Prepare draft reimbursement requests for funding grants and reimbursable services for ED review.
- Ensure timely issuance of reimbursement requests.
- Troubleshoot issues with vendors.
- Facilitate renewal of insurance policies.
- Ensure contract files are up to date and complete.
- Coordination with Officers to obtain signatures on checks in accordance with the organizations’ administrative policies.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Process mail.
- Other administrative support activities, as directed by the Board and/or ED.
- Review of monthly operations invoices, including:
- Review of service hours.
- Review of maintenance back-up.
- Ensure rates are consistent with contracts.
- Highlight questions and/or invoice discrepancies for review by Operations Director.
- Maintain log of service hours.
- Performance Monitoring.
- Prepare draft monthly ridership/user reports.
- Download OTP data from real-time tracking database, as needed.
- Extrapolate specific data from On Time or other performance reports, as needed.
- Coordinate with Operations Director to research validity of rider complaints, as needed.
- Support Operations Director and ED in the development of new performance report templates, as needed.
- Prepare for and participate in outreach activities in the field such as rider surveys at Transit Center
- Serve as primary contact for all facilities maintenance vendors and landlords.
- Coordination with On-site Operations Manager on all facility related matters.
- Ensure facility maintenance services are being conducted in accordance with the agreed scope of work and budget.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail with a passion for accuracy with numbers, logic, and reading comprehension
- Proficient MS Office user, particularly with Excel and Word
- Responsible, owning problems through resolution
- Assertive yet diplomatic, with ability to work with varied personalities and work styles
- Excellent interpersonal communicator
- Ability to work independently but also perform in a team environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Prior experience working with Board of Directors highly desired
- Experience working with local transportation authorities is helpful